Thursday, November 20, 2008

Sarah Palin and Stupidity

I can't help it.  Every time her name comes up, I pile on.  There's something ungentlemanly about it.  I mean, the woman lost, why keep attacking?

I suppose I would attack anyone so intellectually incurious as Sarah Palin.  I find intellectual incuriosity not just incoherent, but deeply insulting to the gifts that God has given us.  My three strikes were:

1.  Not knowing a Supreme Court case other than Roe v. Wade.
2.  Not knowing a single piece of legislation that John McCain authored or sponsored.
3.  Not knowing what the Bush Doctrine was.

I agree with Andrew Sullivan, who said on Bill Maher some months back, that her nomination was a disqualification in and of itself for McCain.

Yet, she still is on our lips and in our jokes. 

For those still interested in reading - not about her, her family, or her beliefs - about what Sarah Palin's candidacy really meant, you will find plenty of good reading here.

No comments: